Monday, March 29, 2010

Why God Did Not Create the Hijras?

God made the Earth, Nature, Man Woman than God rested, now Man pretending to be an image of God was not too happy and being genetically politically inclined ..with the theory of Divide and Rule created the Hijra from his own Rib. with due apologies to the the story of our biblical creation.

The Hijra is neither Man nor Woman..Neither this nor that.. a line running parallel better sorrow and despair.

My father in law hates Hijras , I dont blame him, one of his relatives aspiring to be a Bollywood star , was in Mumbai a stunner ,great looks failed to make it in the Industry..he returned depressed was accosted bya Hijra began living with her, the hijras was over possessive..the good lookers family tried hard to get him out of the clutch of the hijra, but all moves were futile ..Hijra would not let go of her lover..I only know one thing , when the lover too wanted a release from this androgynous love trap, the HIjra had him killed.. there was no proof or evidence , in the police records I am told the case was closed ..the hijra moves around the streets of Uttar Pradesh.

Now this might be an individual stray case , but Hijras are human possess all the frailties of Man...his wickedness his lust his dreams hopes and aspirations.

I have a picture posted of a hijra with a poem and an article on Tantric sex of the Hijra that has crossed over 127,461 views at Flickr..it is part of what is called Interestingness of my Flickr photo stream.
Because I dont have a highlight tool, never needed one I dont post most of my borrowed thoughts here at Now Public..so I will add the Flickr link.




www.flickr.com/photos/firozeshakir/1078029581/




Hijras are very ugly or very beautiful.. they are uglier than man and more beautiful than Cleopatra..this is my opinion..I brag but dont exaggerate..I have pictures to prove the validity of my mindless thought..




I have never lived among Hijras just gathered by observing them through my inborn Sufi hindsight.. over 8000 pictures in about 5 years..but no coffee table book .. hijra poetry and their story their pain as seen on the viewfinder of my soul.

I have never been to the Eunuch festival at Koovagam Tmil Nadu the only festival that does not happen, .I dont stalk Hijras I wait for them and they fall into my laps.. metaphorically..

My wife understand my love for the Hijras and their community..but as a woman she thinks I should make money like other photographers who learnt under me and make almost Rs 10000 an assignment..that is her pain.





I dont sell my words , my pictures, I share pictures , my world was Flickr till I accidentally stepped on a news mine called Now Public..




Thank you Fred Miller..my good archangel in a photo blog.




Barring a bit of a uploading problem here I am at Now Public most of the time ..my tailoring shop is a minute away from the addictive computer at my house..




Today I will complete 73000 photo blogs at Flickr in 23 months .pictures private and public.




I thank all of you here who showed me an additional path to Nirvana of my human soul that was earlier embedded in a photo blog.




And those that touched me in more ways than one..I humbly accept your blessings in gratitude.




A poem as tribute to my hijda Guru




Laxmi Narayan Tripathi





my hijda guru
hijda icon
sitting all alone
wondering
where those
days have gone
the fading moonlight
kissing the feet of dawn
neither man nor woman
from a drop of a tear
a hijda was born
treated like a leper
looked down with scorn
from the seed of serenity
laxmi narayan tripathi
reborn
lisping lyrics
on the lips of a swan

dedicated to my guru..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube