Friday, March 19, 2010

Gar Tum Mera Gham Samajh Lete

119,411 items / 778,046 views

jo tumne kaha
woh nahi kehte
yeh sach hai
main hijda hoon
gar tum
mera gham
samajh lete
tum paheli
ki trah
mere dil
main rehte
dahleez
pe khadi
hoon tumhari
waqt ruka hai
pal to do pal
mere ho lete

As a poet I shoot pain ,as a photographer I poetize pain.I shoot truth a I saw it on the viewfinder of my soul,and as a person who has lived life I spoke to her wordlessly..we were one of a kind, yes she was a hijra I was a heterosexual male but both human.

I wanted to hold her hand and comfort her , yes she was a daughter too in the corridors of my mind.

Shooting hijras with a camera fuck , the whole world does it, shoot the hijra with your eyes , deglamorize her raw existence, demystify her androgynous soul..this is hijra capture on the memory card of your mind.

And if you want to know what a hijra is..for once give her your camera let her shoot you..yes you are a hijra too in your humanity...

I was walking to work and I saw a beggar hijra asleep , dead drunk on the road I took two shots..I captured the eternity of hijra pain.

I met hijras when I was getting off the train at Churchgate , I was dressed in saffron on my way to Murud to shoot the bullock cart race..I had my camera around me , but before I could react the three hijras bent down touched my feet ,, I did not take their pictures they had cleansed me holistically with their Touch.

I dont know Hijra history , I dont know anything about hijras I dont take notes , I dont ask their names unless they tell me or the other hijras tell me like in the case of Khushi and Kareena both beautiful transgenders , I dont ask for their home address I dont ask them for their telephone numbers unless they give it to me voluntarily..

At home my wife is comfortable with the hijras , Laxmi Narayan Tripathi my hijra Guru and her chelas have visited our home , Ritu Jijra and Nishi CD have come home too.


I had a message from a Hijra from Sri Lanka she wanted to meet me and shoot other hijras too I politely refused.

I am close to Heena Hijra from Peela House or the red light area but I have not visited her since a very long time.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube