Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dilip Ghosh Another Name For True Friendship

Mr Dilip Ghosh is photographer, a very dear friend from Jabalpur, we have known each other since a long time a decade , before I became a blogger.

We corresponded but than I stopped completely because of the injury to my right hand , I cannot hod a pen , so I type with one finger of this injured hand.

Mr Dilip Ghosh is not on the net and his failing health is a cause for concern..he cannot move about, he cannot travel, he is living at his daughters house at Harbour Heights Colaba recuperating his soul in a city where he has a lot of friends a city he loves and has great unforgettable memories for him..

Friendship is Godliness is his motto and he swears by it, he wont let a friend down at all, and that is why even my Guru KG Maheshwari likes him and keeps in touch with him..

Mr Dilip Ghosh wanted me to come and see him , so after finishing some personal work I came to his house unannounced , he had tears of happiness in his eyes , he could not believe I had really come to see him.

And this really happens when a photographer is a poet too, and poetry is not about Words..his daughter shot this picture .

I broke bread with him and his daughters father in law Mr Verma , but Dilip Ghosh Saab had one more wish , he wanted me to send him my grand daughter Marziyas photo , he has never seen Marziya..

I sent Marziyas picture yesterday and he was so excited and happy and this is the power of a childs touch, a child touches in a way even God cannot touch you , and I am crying as I write this , photography is recreating human emotions or simply put adding emotions where no emotions existed..Yes Marziya though unwell and not in her bubbly self ,can heal , she has healed me too ..bought me closer to myself..

And Mr KG Maheshwari too has asked for a copy of her picture and dont condemn m after shooting over 9500 pictures of Marziya in two years I dont have copies..

I dont print my pictures at all.

What touches me most is people who call me up to hear Marziyas voice on the phone ..and she will talk in her way as though she knows them much before they were born..

When I am blogging she will watch my moves , and my wife tells me after I have gone to work, she sits at my computer and mimics me all the way.. she is born of a computer chip...

Well I digress this blog is about Mr Dilip Ghosh and I introduce this kind sensitive man on the net for you..he speaks fluent Urdu and embarrasses me with the command over the language that is my mother tongue..

I have never been to Jabalpur..he has invited me many times.

There is an incident I must add , many yeas back I was invited to his daughters hose than at Malad , I used to have a car and driver those days , I had dinner with him , and than they remembered my driver , they insisted I call him up and served him food at the same dining table..yes I am thankful to God for having given me a friend like him and hope he recovers from all his ailments.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube