Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shooting Rehmatabad Shia Cemetery..Chehlum

116,811 items / 759,688 views

Over the years I stood in the crowds near the Maulanas podium and shot pictures , I would never dream of coming into the passage where all this happened so dangerous gruesome is the unfolding of the events once the hardcore matam starts.

But than gradually I stepped down and thanks to friends here Mairaj Ali Kalu Razi Ghulam I was able to capture much of the stuff.Habi and Baqar were always there for me.
Danny and Syed Sameer of Piru Lane so I was not attacked by angry Shia matamdars who hate Shi photographers for reasons I could never fathom , and it is because of their spiritual arrogance I began cutting myself ,, now they give me space and if they act tough I dont shoot them .

I have had problems with a kid here and even in Hyderabad during the Bibi Ka Alam procession , I mean who will put it in their brain dead head that what I do is not for money but a Tablikee Hussain and showcase the angst of our community ..As a Shia I show you Shia pain and Shia anguish for the Martyrdom of Imam Hussain.. And earlier I took the wrath of the Wahhabis and other Shia hating groups that shat on my pictures with hate comments at my Flickr photostream.. Luckily I have locked up my comment boxes everywhere save Facebook.

Yes let me warn you there are bigots among Shias too..be it the common man or the Maulana.. They are more interested in why I shoot other stuff and not stick too shooting Shiasm.. and luckily I shoot for myself , I dont sell or give my pictures ..and once this series gets over I will post my back log of Haji Malang pictures ..over 3000 pictures on hold..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube