Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sameer of Piru Lane

This is Sameers back and his head is worse than his back, he is a very fierce matamdar, his entire family his brothers , his kids his brothers kids are in the forefront at Rehmatabad Shia cemetery on Chehlum day..

They dont stop and nobody can stop them either..I know them since a decade , since the time I began documenting the Shia pain the Shia angst..

When I started shooting Moharam I was quite a coward , I kept away from bloodshed , I had quit alcohol and the psychiatrist had asked my wife I take up something to fill the vacuum , get rid of my withdrawal system that plagued me no end I bought a Nikon F 50 learnt photography under Shreekanth Malushte and was ready to take on the world..this was about 12 years back, and it was Habib Nasser and Baqar Nasser who showed me the Shia side of my heritage and my birthright..

I began shooting Moharam in various cities and began using the flagellating blades , and graduated to the Kama during Athvi in Lucknow several years back..I never looked back, I cut myself during Ashura and Chehlum..every year.

And so I shoot pain , this is my passion , a genre that goes along with street photography..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube