Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ya Hussain Ya Hussain

108,627 items / 706,416 views

I shoot Muslim kids but before I can shoot them they shoot me too..they dont need glitzy cameras their eyes do the job more cleanly and meticulously than me..

On his head is a band that reads like a not to be missed neon sign of Faith- Ya Hussain.

And as I write this I await the return of my grand daughter Marziya Shakir from her mothers home town Lucknow..

I went and bought her a doll, a Monginis cake just to capture the smile of her innocence.. and I am eagerly awaiting to see her beat her chest at the house Imambada while the woman of the house do Matam..

Shia kids are tutored in their mothers womb the tough journey ahead safe guarding the legacy of Ghame Hussain....
And overnight with the slash of a knife or a blade a Shia child inherits his kingdom of pain..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube