Friday, January 15, 2010

Why Do You Want To Take My Picture?

Now all photographers dont shoot what I shoot, every new photographer born in his mothers womb wants to be born as Atul Kasbekar and Atul is my mentor too in more ways than one..every new born photographer is itching to shoot Celina Jaitley , now I have nothing against Celina she is heavenly beautiful in the flesh and her soul ticks for the gays the hijras and the under dog.

Very few want to be photo journalists in their mothers womb, and I dont blame them we are still searching for a photo journalist role model with his soul touching the tarmac of humility..big lenses borrowed company cameras dont make you an ace photographer humility and a sense of poetry does..sense of poetry is not what Keats , Wordsworth wrote , but what Dickens and Balzac and Dostovesky wrote and your minds camera read it as poetry..

Marziya just touched this ladys face on my computer screen , and she baffles me with her mind reading, she reads life not just Light and Shade composition F stops , all barbed wires of a circle of confusion..important as theory but not life saving..

When I stopped this lady she asked me before placing her hand on her face why I wanted to shoot an old hag, I had already hit the trigger , conversation kills photography, it was her wrinkles her aging gracefully that got me to her..

I dont shoot pictures I loot life , life that is a million years away cyberspace or from newspapers..I shoot impulsively am not sure which picture will become a part of my poetry of life.

Poems require words and words I have plenty in the aquarium of my head , words that like fishes swish lustfully from one blank page to another of my minds notebook.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube