Friday, January 15, 2010

The Hijras Are Back on My Flickr Photo Stream

112,555 items / 725,212 views

These are a group of Hijra beggars including Hijra impostors that would visit me at my old shop, they hound me for copies of their pictures ..and the one in the glares used to beg heavily drunk at Carter Road close to Nivedeya Abhiashs bunglow during their wedding.

They are nice people I gave him Rs 50 but told him to take a tenner as I had no change she dutifully returned the balance amount, I was broke or I would have given them the entire amount.

And their hunting ground is Bandra Bazar road and I shoot Hijras as someone has to shoot their pain , and I capture their angst , their struggle..their unending fight against system that treats them as criminal before they are proved innocent..

I shoot hijras with a passion , I dont know why, and my photography is not my source of income , I dont sell pictures or my recycled words of poetic pain.

And I think Hijras like me as I dont cheat on their trust , I write positively about them, and no these hijras wont be walking the ramps of a Beauty Contest for the Transgender , they walk the streets of remorse and despair...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube