Friday, January 8, 2010

Matam E Hussain at Choti Bargah 8 Moharam

Photography makes different demands to different people , for me the camera is nothing but an extension of my psyche..it keeps me sane though sometimes it pushes me over the edge..

Its been a week since I came back from Hyderabad , and though I limp to work , festered wounds on my feet, I had completely walked barefeet in Hyderabad..

My grand daughter Marziya gives me company to work as we both cut through a neighboring slum called Indiraji Nagar a short cut to my workplace, I continue to shoot our adventures on route, we meet all kinds of people, beggars, the transgenders the poor kids , and Marziya absorbs them in her child's mind..and I continue to talk to her explaining things ,she shaking hands with all known faces..first it was Marziya on Bandra Bazar Road now the venue has changed to Bandra Hill Road..
She is still friendly with goats but ever since her return keeps Lucky the Labrador at arms length..Lucknow trip has made her too vulnerable and fearful..

So I am trying to get her back in the Mumbaikar mode..

At home the ladies matam continues every day in the evening..and the rest of the house is busy with the annual Moharam house majlis..

My eldest son is back from Karbala and time passes on listening to his travails as Karbala is a land of sorrow touching us all in one way or another..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube