Friday, January 8, 2010

All Night Awake -The Shias never sleep

110,607 items / 715,359 views

Shot near Bargah Hazrat Abbas Diwan Deodi ..

Sometimes the educated Shia of Hyderabad shocks me more than the poor man on the street , the owner of this Sabil told me to delete the picture I had shot of this guy , and knowing that I was a Shia made it really surprising..and he wasn't a wee bit polite to say the least.. arrogant and full of conceit..

But than education comes along with its shortcomings too..

I shoot sabil art and these selfless souls who work and serve humanity round the clock..it takes a Mumbai guy to come to his city and tell his story of Ghame Hussain with 3500 pictures shot in 3 days so the world knows the Azadari of Imam Hussain..

This was one of the main reasons I gave up my room at Hotel Charminar preferring the vicinity and humility of the people of Choti Bargah..at Chatta Bazar

I paid Rs 600 for a room that I had not used completely just to bathe and shower on my arrival..and checked out in the afternoon of the same day

.Well this is the flip side of Hyderabadi hospitality that hit me hard in my guts..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube