Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bandra East Syed e Sajjad Juloos 2009

I am a hardcore fan of Maulana Hasnain Karari , and it has been several years since I have been shooting him at this very venue ,however I have just started speaking to him from the time he began reciting majlis at my house, Maulana Hasnain Karari is a powerful convincing orator..he is also my familys spiritual guide , a fact I never knew but my wife seeks his advice on certain issues of marriage and other matters time and again.

We were keen on his auspicious presence at Saifs wedding but he was in UK those days.Saif is my young son who got married last year.

And than Maulana Hasnain Karari is my very dear friend Razi Rizvi Saabs brother in law too..all those who came to my House Majlis were impressed with his sermon on Heaven and the powerful presence of a Heaven beneath the feet of a Mother.

I have tried not to miss the Bandra East Juloos all these years, and there are friends who mean a lot to me who attend this juloos far from far flung place , Hadi from Mumbara , Mairaj ,Razi Kallu Bqaqr Nassar , Habib had left much before I came here,
and so many others.I did miss Cheena Bhai another great supporter of this juloos but his son was there scourging his back fiercely.

This was perhaps the first time I did not shoot the happenings in the open compound that houses the Shia event close to the Sai Baba Temple , and I was always fascinated by this mutual respect and tolerance of diverse faith in unity of prayer.

This is Mumbai , the city that touches us all, the city that is our souls protective armor too keeping us in total command of our selves in our respective religiosity.

Yes dont just see my pictures merely as Shia related blogs , I shoot the soul of my city via my faith and your faith too.Yes this is Amchi Mumbai yours as much as mine and our children's legacy...

I always shot the Sai Baba temple as I shot the events of this juloos to show you a compatibility that is a Mumbaikars way of life.. the most important aspect of spirituality is giving each other space , godliness does not mean dominance , godliness and this is my personal view means humility..a sculpted silence in solace and serenity invoking the humility of man towards divinity.
Be he a Shia Sunni Hindu Christian Dalit or anyone ..he is Human and we reiterate time and again Hussain is All Humanity.

Har Kaum Pukaregi Hamare Hain Hussain.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube