Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shooting the Soul of Sufism

103,317 items / 673,440 views

This was shot on the second day of the Mahim Urus and I am still stuck as my uploading at Flickr is drastically slow thanks to You Telecom.

I had gone to the Dhun today, my eighth day.

Altaf Siddi a Bollywood character artiste told me that the Siddis were descendants of Hazrat Bilal the Azan giver during the time of the Holy Prophet..


In India they are settled in the Gir forest along with the Gir lions..

I had dinner at the dhuni and shot the hijras from Kurla Kamani..the hijras had come here to smoke hash..

For the first time I shot the possessed women at the Dargah and the effect of the loban smoke on them.. all at 1600 ISO I was stopped from shooting this by a few ladies in charge of the possessed women..

Most of the rafaees are at Ali Maulah Dargah at Dharavi .. it ends tomorrw along with the Urus of Makhdoom Shah Baba..

Now the Rafaees will move to the Dhuni at Fakruddin Shah Baba..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube