Sunday, December 6, 2009

Shooting Pain on the Streets of Mahim

Photographers in the media need short cuts to tug the newspapers readers fucked mind so you have the usual shit like the Idd hugging pictures dumped on our comatose Rs 2 worth newspaper like consciousness.

Manipulating pictures is the easiest short cut..I saw this from far I shoot on single frame, cant go Khat a Khat like my cousin the news photographer I shoot silence that demands complete pin drop silence..

And please this has nothing to do with conceit ,this is a path towards pictorial humility as taught by my Gurus.. KG Maheshwari, Jatkar Malushte and Girish Mystery..though I did not have to learn about F Stops the hard way from Mr Phanibanda the way Girish did.. Girish was literally mind fucked by Mr Phanibanda ..imagine shooting a brick till you got it right..and Girish would rush to Mitter Bedi Saab to help him out of this Bawa driven torture and chaos..

I made Girishs wedding wardrobe ,he gave me half a day, he called me in the afternoon told me he was getting married and to send the clothes to his residence..he told me the Pandit would not wait for very long..so now you know why I consider Girish my guru too,,, I attended a workshop on Light by Girish ten years back at PSI Mumbai , just one lecture and my life was made..he had baptized me without using a brick..

Girish has been a great friend , a great supporter and perhaps added to my shelf life as a street photographer ..I can recognize a Girish student even with my eyes closed call it sense of smell..

Girishs students pay me respect when I encounter them at Lal Bagh or Govinda or Ganpati or Moharam..

And mind you shooting Moharam is a tough one..need I say more..cutting your head and blood flowing all over your picture frame is a tough one too..

And I am waiting to introduce Dr Glenn Losack to Girish Mistry and I know both will get on like a house on fire..

Glenn should be in Mumbai for Chehlum in Feb..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube