Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shahenshah Bawa

105,042 items / 681,397 views

Fakhruddin Shah Baba is a smaller dargah at Mahim, but has a huge number of devotees, and among the kids of Mahim Baba Fakhr as they fondly call him is their patron saint.

Those who visit Makhdoom Shah Baba have to come here to pay their respects to Baba Fakhr.

Across the Dargah on the pavement ahead are rafaees selling gemstones , herbal medicines and aphrodisiacs.. even the older masseurs do brisk business , families live on this pavement as is reaches out towards the end where the Food Gully of Mahim begins..

This year I did not shoot the Mahim Mela nor the Holy Shrine of Khwajah Khizar in the water at Mahim beach.

Actually I must confess last but not the least I would have loved having Dr Glenn Losack MD shoot this , all this is way up his alley, and he loves shooting the same stuff I shoot except Hijras.

He shoots hijras just to make me happy.


Glenn had shot Shahenshah baba at Haji Malang on his last trip..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube