Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mumbai Police Godly Friendly at Peace

The reason I leave my work all my commitments and come here to Mahim Station, on the first day of the Urus is to give you all a glimpse of the Mumbai cops and their extreme devotion to a spiritual cause , this is definitely not about Hindus or Muslims, this is not about religion, this is faith and it touches all, men in civil clothes and men in khaki.
And this is the only time the cops dont hassle me shooting their pictures, this is the only time I am shooting freely at a police station that was built in 1923.

Even the women folks of the cops who live in the nearby police residential quarters are splendidly dressed , this is nothing short of a very important feast day for their families.


With the sandal on their heads they look into the face of hope , they look towards a path of Peace.This is the ultimate tribute by the cops of Mahim Police Station to the noble cause of amity between two communities the Hindus and the Muslims.

Senior Inspector Mr Pawar leading from the front including his officers and men, there is the drum beats , loban, and some sword fencing show by Firoze Rafaee.. the whipper rafaee in chains slashes the air making sure I taste two strokes of his whip for not having given him money to buy hash for his silent and smokeless chillum.

I did the Sufi kaif here on my injured bare feet and every visit to the Urus I am without footwear, the cuts the bruises dont cease nor does my fervor to show you this event - I collapsed a few days back , hitting the ground with my head , my camera was with a young boy who took pictures, no harm came to me, I go into a trance when ever they mention Ali ..and Ali Haq is the soul of Indian Sufi street spirituality..

Ali ke nam se mera
nam qayam hain
Ali ke nam se
Islam qayam hai..

In three visits of a few hours I have shot over 2500 pictures or more all housed at Flickr and a few posted at Facebook.


Now I ask you just look into the eyes of the Mumbai Police man holding the sandal on his head..if you dont see divinity than its time for me to give up photography forever...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube