Saturday, December 12, 2009

Flowers of Despair

I am posting my next lot of a 4 GB card of pictures shot at the Mahim Urus 2009.. and it is a very long series , a street photographers angst held within the soul of a memory card.

Dargah is synonymous with floral tributes, Indian gods saint deities welcome flowers.. on the wings of flowers your prayers ride..seeking god beyond time and tide..in him we abide..pain as tears as the soul cried...

When I see a picture, I dont see anything ,just a symmetry of street pain, I shoot ordinary pictures badly composed I dont crop, I dont add embellishments, I show you what I saw, poetic pain .

Life is not the two women or the child asleep, like is the empty cane basket searching for redemption...flowers made by low caste women , that will be placed on the soul of the Holy Saint Makhdoom Shah Baba at a price of course..their services are being outsourced by the florist..so a chain of profitability exists in spirituality too...

Yesterday was the first day I did not go to the Dargah. The scene has shifted to the Dargah of Fakhruddin Shah Baba.,also known as Chote Sarkar or Baba Fakhr.

The camera is the greatest teacher of life..more powerful than the rhetoric of a Mullah, or the vitriolic verisimilitude of vanity, the camera is humility bound to the soul of a restless man.

You dont need to be a visionary to be a photographer , you just need to be you, dont get carried away by Anselm Adams or Cartier Bresson.. Fuck gray scale the world of pain is total darkness , read it as a blind man and you will see Truth at the end of the circle of confusion.

Give a child a disposable camera and he will shoot indisposable humanity..so perhaps in a way we are all born as photographers but have to over ride the settings of human pain.

Camera is the only instrument of a Peace..for some it brings wealth, serenity, solace..for beggars like me it connects me to the brotherhood of beggars..as I see them fighting the odds on the viewfinder of my soul.


Sometimes I wonder is there really a thing called mental block, creativity or fragmented genius in my case is the only river that never runs dry...

Photography is capturing the presence of reality - photo blogging is adding a thought where no thought existed..

So now read my picture of the flower weavers without text...your thoughts would no be much different from mine..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube