Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Bawas of Mahim

103,990 items / 676,120 views

This was shot close to the Holy Shrine of Fakruddin Shah Baba , on the footpath, where the bawas sit among the gemstone dealers , herbal medicine guys.

This is one place I get a peace of mind, and the only hitch is that wherever I go crowds of kids and bystanders accumulate as if from thin air..but they mean no harm , I am a rare exotic animal on the Rafaee circuit..

A little ahead in a alley close to the Holy Shrine is the Dhuni where the Chancawalli Rafaees will sit for three days till the Sandal procession of this shrine..

My good friend Munna Bhai of Sangam decorators is adding the color to the Shrine with embellishments, there is a Qawwali here too..Niyaz and the Works..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube