Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bakra Idd Namaz on the Streets - Noorani Masjid Bandra

102,016 items / 665,954 views

Through this sheepish winding lane littered with butcher shops on one side you come to Noorani Masjid and on Bakra Idd day the namazis over spill on to the road, shortage of space, and the proceedings go on peacefully, I had to pass this to reach Bandra Station to shoot the Bakra Idd Namaz there..this area is also known as JJ Colony Extension..

All this is part of my pending uploads all shot on Bakra Idd day while returning home barefeet via Indira Nagar slums I shot some more slaughter or Bakra qurbani pictures..I love shooting blood and gore , dont ask me why..

The Maqdoom Shah Baba Police Sandal I shall post after this lot gets over , now the Urus season is in, all roads lead to the Mahim Dargah.

One surprise at the Police Sandal was Sharukh Rafaee the young son of Chalak Ali the finest exponent of body piercing.. Sharukh did not tell me much about his dad , but I gave him some money..

I have decided this time to shoot more footage of the Siddhi performers from Junagadh.. Siddhis are are an African race that once ruled Murud Janjira and are found mostly in Gujrat..The ones who perform at the Dargah are acrobatic dancers ..and their steps movements are very tribal..hypnotic too


Earlier I spent much time at the Dhuni now not possible due to urgent work commitments..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube