Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Story of the Injured Bakra

Now this story of the injured bakra originated at Indira Nagar a slum dwelling but with the rich poor and the ugly all communities living in mutual peace and harmony,I use the narrow winding lanes to reach my new shop , and the kids of this urban clustered jungle stalk me, they want to be shot by me, some dress up in Friday best clothes waiting for me, some pose with goats knowing that even if I shoot the goats they will show up in my pictures, and honestly these kids are much smarter than me and luckily my daughter Samiya has not seen me in this place or she will say I have lost it..I did the day she got married and left me an orphan befriending goats and hijras..

I love this area Indira Nagar , Hafiza Bi, Ismail Chacha whose father worked as a cook with the Nizam of Hyderabad and the erstwhile Jinnah family, Jinnah Saab wanted his father to move to Pakistan, but Ismail Chachas father politely refused.. Jinnah Saab got his father a job with a renowned solicitors family in Bandra.
More on Ismail Chacha and Hafiza Bi on my Flickr blogs , their daughter lives in Manhattan New York and a grandson in UK..

I shot a stray Hijra at Bandra Hill Road but I have yet to add text , he was from the troupe of impostor hijras I shot some time back, he was dead drunk.. and I was with Marziya...so I took two frames.

This kid in the picture is the most notorious in extorting me for pictures ..but I would rather shoot them than shoot flowers insects and the backside of mountains .. I bet Dr Glenn Losack is laughing ..

Street photography is the essence and soul of the godliness of god gone to seed..we shoot and frame it on your comatose consciousness..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube