Sunday, November 29, 2009

Back To The Future

This was the first shot and the child turned her back, and the irony is that though they beg they are filled with shame and begging is fine but most of the Kashmiri men beg along with their teen daughters which hurts but than the Muslim pocket can be miserly and needs a provocation of guilt..nobody would want their children to beg..

I dont stalk or search for pictures god gives them to me in my cameras beggar bowl, all this was shot yesterday ..I missed the Hijra beggars who come to beg for meat and money..

Even the Namaz at the Bandra Station road was not as crowded as Ramzan,. I was quite late but yes I got something ..

I shot Senior Inspector Prakash George at the traffic signal..

And I shot beggar women veiled in desperation searching for hope in the crowds ..after the Namaz got over, while the media photographers were trying to manipulate the picture frames with kids hugging for the Idd picture ..the same kids year after year, the kids have grown up but the photo journalists of Amchi Mumbai are stuck in a fucked rut,...one way street no way out.. and I am not talking about all of them..

More than a metal camera body you need a human heart and a soul.. you need the gift of poetry.. not in words but in fleeting images as you steal and capture them for the rest of posterity..our first instruction manual in photography has been newspaper photographs.. and sadly to say..nothing has changed .. its the same taking the masses for granted..dumping garbage instead of pictorial wisdom...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube