Friday, September 18, 2009

Mr Khatu and Zubeida's Durga

95,235 items / 583,154 views

Mr Khatu has his sculpting workshop at Chinchpokli, I have been shooting here since several years.

I dont know what made me come here via Lalbagh after shooting Mr Rawles workshop.

Mr Khatu inquired about my Ramzan fast and than told me that like me there was another Muslim lady Zubeida who has been installing Durga at her pandal at Vakola behind St Anthonys Church since 29 years.

I met her she was fasting too.
This Durga on a horse ridden Chariot needed over 75 people to tow it from the workshop too the truck outside.

They struggled in vain as it was getting late I left this place aborting the shoot.

Today is the last Friday or Akhri Jumma of Ramzan..

I have begun my fast but shall leave in a few moments to shoot another Hindu feast , the most exciting and invigorating.

I have learnt you can be a good Hindu by being a good Muslim too, and by this I mean respecting the other persons ritual and religiosity and vice versa.

I take Hinduism as my cultural inheritance, and thus continues my tryst with mutual coexistence and a message of Peace I call Hope and Hindutva.


As a Muslim Indian born Shia I am happy that I was born in India the land of Love and Hospitality, away from bigotry barbarism and hate as one finds in neighboring surroundings.

India emanates the freshness of the human soul touching all of us..

AUM
AING HRING KLEENG
CHAMUNDAYE VICHCHEY
AUM

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube