Friday, September 18, 2009

Goddess Durga and Zubeida

I simply could not stop shooting this beautiful Goddess , there was some inherent magic that held me and my camera captive..its as though everything had come to a standstill all around me.

This was shot at Mr Rawles workshop at Lalbagh , from here I went to Chinchpokli to shoot the workshop of Mr Khatu and was accidentally became party to a wonderful story , a Muslim lady Zubeida and her husband Taher have been installing the Goddess at Vakola for last 29 years.
So here was a Muslim blogger shooting the cultural harmony of two faiths..Zubeida told me by installing the Goddess Durga she does not become Hindu, like me she too was fasting, and her Goddess was a chariot ridden one with 4 horses , it need over 75 people to lift the Goddess , I could not wait , so I took a cab back home ..I was already late.

Press photographers were in abundance to shoot Zubeida and her Goddess Durga.

Zubeida has invited me to the Arti at her Pandal at Vakola behind St Anthonys Church..

95,158 items / 582,973 views

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube