Friday, September 4, 2009

The Lalbagh Cha Raja Leaves the Pandal

I shot the Tejukaya perched on a truck, as the Lalbagh Cha Raja had not yet come out of the Pandal, photographers had found places on the tarafa opposite the gate , I was not that lucky so I walked into the pandal via the backdoor and shot these pictures , but now coming out to the main gate was a problem I was caught in a huge crowd , but I managed and outside the Lalbagh Cha Raja gates nobody would allow me to shoot or giving me some place on the tarafa, I was driven out from every place , media photographers can be mean and ruthless for pictures, I raised the camera above my head and took random shot of Lalbaghh Cha Raja moving out..

These are not creative pictures but pictures that document a journey of the Raja towards his way through streets of Mumbai till Girgaum Chowpatty.

I followed him barefeet till Kumbharwada and returned home after shooting the Muslims felicitating the Raja at Do Tanki.

I broke my fast at Byculla.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube