Friday, September 4, 2009

Hi Shaan Konachi Lalbagh Cha Raja Chi !

Today was my 12 fast and the day of Visrajan of Lord Ganesha , his stay at the various pandals had come to an end ..I left for Lalbagh baefeet armed with my camera . my humility and an umbrella.

This is my new series shot from 10 am till 11 pm..it began at Lalbagh and ended at Kumbharwada, my fast I broke at Byculla , and TV 9 took my interview, of this Muslim barefeet blogger of Mumbai..Mukund a guy from Byculla was touched by my gesture of walking with Lalbagh Cha Raja year after year ..what hit me was his words- he said Firoze bhai because you respect my deity and religion , I shall undertake a roza a fast , to thank you for this..

I was in tears because Lalbagh Cha Raja is an ethos of Mumbai.. Lalbagh Cha Raja is brand Mumbai beyond caste color or creed..

I am indebted to Raju Langewal , Balasaheb Kamble and President of the Lalbagh Cha Mandal Satish Khankar.. and the rest of his boys.

The volunteers who helped me , but the crowds were uncontrollable I was almost crushed in a stampede I hurt my leg and my neck but continued shooting over 800 pictures.

This series I dedicate to my patron Mr Shatrughan Sinha MP Patna Sahib and his wife Punam Sinha.. they are my extended family and I owe my professional growth to them..

I have been connected to this erstwhile Bollywood Family since 25 years or more.

I came home 11.45 PM..

This is one Visarjan day I shall never forget in my life..

I shot the Do Tanki felicitation of the Lalbagh Cha Raja by the Muslim community, I shot this last year too but called the area Nagpada instead of Do Tanki .

I was given a coconut as prasad that I shall give to Mrs Punam Sinha tomorrow..

Thus continues my tryst with Hope and Hindutva a message of Peace.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube