Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Parents Make Us What We Are

87,020 items / 527,146 views

What I could not give on Friendship day- I give today ..


Mrs and Mr Bhagwandas Mulchandani are a very vital part of my life's memories..my extended parents , who had seen me grow ..They were the erstwhile parents of my childhood friend Ramesh Mulchandani...

Ramesh came into my life after I left Jony Castle and moved to Strand Cinema Colaba.in the 60s .

We were in the same school Holy Name High School - Ramesh Dennis Fernandes Ramesh Alva and me , were thick as thieves from 1964 ..there were others who joined in later to be part of our group Bharat Mulchandani , Rameshs cousin, Sundar Mulchandani, Mohan Sadhwani , Ram Parsani , and we all hung out at Dhun Mahal at Garden Road where Ramesh stayed with his brothers and sisters.

Holi was the most memorable day , loads of bhang color riot and fun.. and Ramesh had already made me half a Sindhi..

Rameshs elder brother Kishu looked like Dev Saab , natty dresser and charmer No1, he was a football freak as the Mohun Bagan team stayed at their hotel, they were one of the owners of Strand Hotel Gateway of India..

Lalu who died recently was the closest to us and was our confidante ,helped us out with money and beers too.

Ramesh has three sisters Padma , Mohini and Kishni ..all married well settled in life ..

Ramesh means a lot to me because of his contribution because of his friendship we survived the onslaughts and ravages of life..he has done for me what no blood brother will ever do..he picked me up when I was downhill gave me and my family the support ..

He helped out a lot of people ..and we were again three friends Ramesh , Ramesh Alva who expired a few years back , and me.

Dennis Fernandes worked with me as a salesman at Charagh Din in Colaba early 70s .. now somewhere in Central America.

Ramesh Mulchandani has three children , Mamta his eldest married Ranjit Deval they have two kids Soniya and the recently born Varun whom I call Yuvraj.

Sweety married Jai Puri a fashion stylist like his talented wife.

Dolly is the youngest studying in college.

Meena is Ramesh wife and his backbone.

I guess it is because of this family that influenced me , and bequeathed me the message of Peace that I call Hope and Hindutva..

I offer them a poem with tears in my eyes..I have nothing else to give..

Our parents make us what we are
gone from our world but never far
we are reflections of their memories
like the strings of a guitar
musical notes of hope and harmony
making us forget our wounds and scars
their heritage is now ours
a path leading beyond the stars
our children will inherit this heritage
when our turn comes to go afar

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube