Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Muslim Woman's Plight

She is a Muslim woman from Bandra Bazar Road , and she is unhappy , she votes for the Congress , but she finds that it has not helped her much , she has come to meet Rahebar Khan the local corporator, she cant take life anymore, her electric bill has trebled , prices of all essential commodities has skyrocketed and she is stuck in a groove of discontent.

Mind you she is a senior citizen, and she kept on grumbling I could not resist her harangue against a dead system , a system without a heart for the poor and the needy at the grass root level.

I shot many frames and she was really amused , frankly why would the media person shoot her , they would if she burnt herself alive, they would shoot her if she hung from a fan, or flung herself against a truck.. such is the ignominy of life ..

So God created a breed of photographers called photo bloggers, we shoot pain, and we share her pain online with no ulterior motive, no cookie points to be gained.

We are not eligible for Photo Blog Awards , because Flickr is not yet considered part of the blogging fraternity..and I tasted the racist profiling that goes with such awards ,you cant pimp for your awards on your website as I was reprimanded by a hateful person connected to such an award, , I was told awards are not popularity contests .. and if you are black or brown just forget it and honestly who cares a penny's fuck for hijras or the hijra world.,.the only thing that sells is sex - people want hijras to taste an exotic forbidden fruit.My hijdaeunuchblog was dumped after the nominations and a link that says page has been removed...

So a blog is also a rant ..you take it or you dump it..5years of blogging have taught me much..so I shoot the same stuff and show you life as it exists , you cannot morph pain , it is indivisible, it has sorrow and despair..as its hand maidens..


I have just come back from Behrampada , that was struck by fire , now the work of rebuilding has begun, people picking up their lives ..rebuilding a house to make it a better home than it was..and why would a media person shoot a Muslim colony rebuilding its roots..

The Behrampada Muslims the Navpada Muslims are the people that ran into bombed bogeys of trains, to extricate dead wounded bodies during the train serial blast , but it has all been forgotten..

Now they stand with a beggars bowl , yes it hurts me as a poet before it hurts me as a human being..I must have shot close to 300 pictures .. my next story board at Flickr..Behrampada After the Fire Rebuilding from Scratch..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube