Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Magic Touch of Lalbagh Cha Raja

Today was my first fast of Ramadhan, I was awake all night yesterday ,. as Ramzan is a moment with its own uniqueness..I had spoken to Raju Langewal the Pandal committee member, that I wanted to shoot the Raja , he told me to come by 12 pm...today.

So barefeet I hopped into a cab and reached the pandal at Lalbagh , I was carrying my Bandra Samachar Press Card too..


I shot the Raja extensively , my efforts to shoot on the stage were unfulfilled..but I will some day.
Lalbagh Cha Raja for the Hindus and Ramzan for the Muslims as a Mumbaikar are two heartbeats of a single heart.

The Raja touches everyone, there were Sikhs , Parsis Gujratis all standing for hours in the queues , some had stood all night, some had walked from the suburbs barefeet..but the most enduring were the kids with excitement and smiles on their faces and senior citizens too..

And it had rained generously , but the rains did not dampen the spirits of the lovers of Lalbagh Cha Raja..He is the Ultimate , he is Lord who removes Obstacles , He removes Ignorance , he is the Lord of Sweet Success and Poetic Prosperity.


I have just broken my fast as I write this ..I came home not before shooting Ganesh Gully ka Raja and the Tejukaya Ganesha, also sharing space with Lalbagh Cha Raja within walking distance from each other.

On my way towards Dadar TT..I saw the Dharavi ka Raja patronized by the Tamil migrants of Mumbai, going on a bullock cart , he had already gone a long distant , I jumped out of my cab and ran after him, I shot pictures of him..

So this is my tribute as a blogger to those who cant make it to the Pandal for some reason or the other , they can have a darshan through my pictures shot with a passion and devotion bound to humility.

I also remember my photo guru Prof BW Jatkar who passed away recently ..I hope Lalbagh Cha Raja grants his soul eternal peace ..the Professor was a devotee of the Raja.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube