Friday, August 7, 2009

It Rains Fatwas Everyday.......

a silence her soul wont betray
muslim society is to blame in every way
deprived of her education
married away to a good for nothing
unemployed lazy
who wont work his way
playing cards drinks drugs
she did say
it is raining fatwas everyday
from door to door she begs
next morning begins
another day
anti islam is not just about terrorism
it is how we treat our women this way
a hidden face a hidden sorrow
reflected in her child's eyes
is her pain today
hung on her waist
a broken toy
no toys to play
heads bowed
within the four walls
of gods house
those who pray
mother and son
searching for hope
in the coins you pay



When I first joined Flickr , I got a lot of stick from rich Mujhaidas of the opulent Arab world for showing the other side of disfranchised Muslim society, but now 2 years down the line ,85800 pictures and the pain still lingers , my camera eyes shows me pain that others dont want to see , they take is a normal occurrence , and yet the mullahs assistant runs around with his donation book, to build a new mosque.

On Bakra Idd one sees a ghastly side of the Muslim rich man , buying Dumba costing over a lakh in Indian money, goats bought for thousands of rupees , but no they wont buy a goat for a nominal sum , and give the the rest of the money to a widows home or an orphanage, say this to someone he hits back,,oh sometimes the ladies in the burkha are not Muslims but from another community..

At Friday Namaz you see spirituality working two ways , and I wont go into detail.. the poor will always remain poor and the rich will become super rich it has been ordained before this world of pain was born..

We as Muslims have done nothing to rehabilitate the poor down trodden woman, and that is why they wont photograph the pain of the poor Muslim woman , I do..

My religion is my faith lies in the powerhouse of a Womanhood..now perhaps it might sound like Shiaspeak, but yes Mother is the source of the foundation of my faith..under the feet of a Mother lies the destiny of Man.

I am what my Mother made me..my father may have watered this plant and its growth but it was my Mother who gave me the touch of life in the sacred hallowed domain of her womb.

I dont just shoot the poor Muslim woman merely as a beggar but as a Mother too.

Her pain must be seen and felt by all, not as a subject of my photography but as a subject of mans neglect of the woman race..it is accursed Man who brings woman down to earth for his vicious needs and wants..evil is not outside but within Man..

dedicated to all mothers ..my mother and your mother too..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube