Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ganesha Workshops Ganesh Gully Lalbagh 2009

I start a new series at Flickr as tribute to Hoipe and Hindutva a message of global peace beyond frontiers of the mind and its timelessness.

I took a bus from Bandra and came to Ganesh Gully Lalbagh where the Ganeshas are spiritually created by artisans - call it the magic hands of Faith..

Out of clay they create Divinity..that touches thousands of people during the Ganesha Chaturthi festival.

I have shot the workshops only to show the Western mind the power of Faith , clay molded by human clay, bringing forth Lord Ganesha.

The Ganeshas are later decorated by the pandal owners or devotees.

I show you Ganesha as a form as a sculptors spiritual dream , a poet shooting poetry created by poets.

I was barefeet and from the workshops I walked to Prabhadevi to attend the Loculus 2009 photo exhibition put up by Girish Mistry's students ..

I could not meet Mr Rawle the sculptor at his workshop at Ganesh Gully but I met the famous sculptor Khatu Bhai.


These are pictures in total raw form, so see them as sculptures but dont take the divinity await from a subject that I shoot with passion and devotion of my cultural inheritance,.

A Muslim shooting the aura of Hinduism, and Lord Ganesha as one of the most precious jewel in its crowns..


Om Gum Ganapataye Namo Namaha.

Shri Siddhivinayaka Namo Namaha.

Ashtavinayaka Namo Namaha.

Ganapati Bappa Moraya.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube