Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An Angel of a Kid

88,540 items / 536,640 views

This girl stays next to my shop, many attempts to shoot her have been failures, she is shy , reticent and coy..her mother , her brothers ask her to pose for me she refuses point blank, this was my lucky day, when she came and stood by my infamous door, that is waiting for an Angel from America to do the honors...

I have no other place to shoot them, this a vehicular road , that has huge trucks moving in every minute because this road Bandra Bazar Road leads to the Bandra Bazar Market..Dickensian setting of most of my picture subjects.Little Fat Boy Mr Pickwick, Uriah Heep,Mr Micawber you can find them all as Muslims of course..Aunt Peggoty is Hafiza Bi... Ha Ha Ha


When Dr Glenn Losack visited me in Mumbai I did not have this tailoring outlet..I was situated at another place in Bandra , close to Waterfield Road..there was better photography situations out there , regular visits to my shop by the Naga Sadhus , the whippers the Hijras etc..

Here it is the same faces I shoot and if I did not my camera eyes and my camera would both go rusty..


Glenn loved Bandra because he has some memorable moments at my house,my wife cooking bland stuff for him, and he loved her dal and chicken tikka, Marziya was far too small..My wife liked Glenn and she saw that he was happy at our home all times.

Glenn would sit at this very computer and do his stuff.

Yes my family is eagerly waiting for this American whom we consider our immediate family.. with no strings attached.


Americans are very good people, with good hearts , and a bit crazy most of the time in a friendly way of course , its this bit craziness that makes them American..it is this bit craziness ..that makes me get along with Glenn and Fred too.. Fred is Indo American , I have never met him, but consider him family too..

And now I have a new friend I think she too is a bit crazy to spend most of her time with crazy photographers like me and Glenn.

She is Angel and I dedicate this post to her.

The name of the girl in the picture is Miss Ayesha.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube