Friday, July 17, 2009

Taken for a ride

After I finished shooting the Hijras at Andheri Versova Link Road I saw this enormously far lady unable to fit in a rickshah , there was another person in the ricksha too..she saw me with my camera ..wondered who the fuck I was...

So I thought
I would introduce myself to her poetically..

a pedestrian poet
a pain a passion
on the broken wings
of an angel in flight
painting pictures
of pain and pathos
in spectral light
a black ass
stamped
immigration
check not required
fragmented genius
a pain in the butt
of racists white
fighting for the hijras survival
hijras human rights
their endless struggle
their dreamless nights
their fucked existence
no social fire ignites
buried standing
tears on the soul of humanity
their last salutations
their last rites

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube