Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Shooting Wild Orchids In The Rains

I am flower phobic
a street shooter
an urban prick
whom
racists
bigots
love to kick
living in glass houses
at my paper house
they throw bricks
I shoot hijras
they shoot chicks
I shoot street pain
they shoot flowers
just for kicks
street photography
pedestrian poetry
I intermix
Reclusive
Isolated
I stay away
from conflicts

Poem inspired by Randall

Now you must be wondering who is this lady of Bandra Reclamation living under the umbrella.
Nobody knows her name , though once she has lived and seen good times , she never moves out from under this umbrella.

A few days back Mumbai had the heaviest rains of this season and she faced it all, I hate shooting her picture , as I have no balls to see her in the eye, she lives more contended than I do..Marziya likes her I give Marziya a tenner and braving the surrounding muck, Marziya goes and hands it over to her.

I want Marziya to understand pain compassion before she learns photography.

I want her to learn humility..she understands it as she watches observantly the traffic beggar kids at Linking Road from the rickshah.
They all love Marziya .

So I shoot wild orchids on the road, I dont belittle people who shoot flowers ., insects , gardens I dont think I could shoot this at all..and it is not necessary you shoot what I shoot but do try to shoot a tear from a child's eye , waiting for his next meal and you will know what I mean.

I was not into beggar photography but pain is cinematic too , it requires a very large canvas , and though it is not my genre it is part and parcel of what I call street photography.

The umbrella lady has survived many a rainy season , waters in my area have been waist high last year , but she was always there the next morning, I have never seen her standing up, I dont know how she answers the call of nature ..

But tell me honestly who the fuck really cares a fart about her ..will electronic media ever cover the stories that I shave shot with a defective still camera,,

Blogging is not about words its about adding soul it is about adding humanity to the silence of the lamb- the photo blog..

Media , journos gun for our ass , We have no editorial constrains we dont have to go under the editors desk to give him head , if he had a good head he would not be allowing the shit that is palmed of us as photo journalism, in the morning newspapers , oops forgive me I almost puked over the Times of India.

Give a new kid with a camera a chance - I have said this earlier too, to get even with the arrogance of a photo journalist God created the camera in the mobile phone....ha ha ha

Marziya will start shooting pictures much before she is 2 and half years old...Marziya has already learnt the first few chapters of Unlearning Photography..

I have kept the Nikon F100 for her and a Fuji film too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube