Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lucknowi Zaika

This morning wife served Besan ki roti , that had coriander, ajwain, onion , red chillies stuffed in it, the chutney was made out of lasson , garlic , green chilly..

Some of the dishes wife makes have been enjoyed by the furious physician Dr Glenn Losack MD when he visited my house..

Valdimir Mouveau my French friend and Marc de Clercq my Belgian friend ,too have liked my wife's dishes.

The other dishes wife makes our Lucknowi Dum Biryani, Thehri,Khichdi, Khichda, gilawat ke kebab , and various types of dals and jeera rice too.
Baigan ka bharta is a speciality too..

Chicken is a daily feature , sometimes meat , but we dont eat beef at all.


Keema or mince is somtimes a farefor breakfast , sometimes she makes Idli sambar too..much better than what is served at an Udipi Restaurant..

We dont eat bread , rice and chapatis are the staple diet.

Wife also makes fish- Rawas , Promfret , Surmai Bombay ducks.. she does not like Bangda, prawns too she makes with spinach.

She was taught all this by my late mother Shamim Shakir.

Now my wife enjoys the food made by both my daughter in laws one from Lucknow the other from Mumbai.

I learnt cooking when I worked in Muscat in the early 80s , but it was more Malyali style as I worked with people from Kerala at a place called Tecodev owned by Dr Hamed Al Riyami..at Muttrah.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube