Friday, July 31, 2009

I AM NOT A POET

www.yearbookyourself.com/

I have never considered myself a poet. Therefore, I am not a rival of anyone, and I do not consider anybody my rival
Allama Mohammad Iqbal

I shoot pictures
pedestrian poetry of pain
searching for godliness
hidden in a grain
the beggar the hijra
the rafaee the hindu
the shia the maryamma devotee
the naga sadhu the christian the sufi
all bound by a single chain
blood sweat and tears
part of a single domain
touching the human soul
without borders or frontiers
like a drop of rain
flowing into gutters
like filth in a drain
the heart the silent hunter
accursed the thinking brain
morning to night
a litany of a complain
religiosity of hate
for the neighbor
is what the human
mind ordains
without hate
the fleshy soul wont sustain
puppets on a string
born to entertain
to save us from ourselves
sane and insane
god sent rishi munis saints
mahatmas pirs
our selfishness contain
in the dust of the earth
only dust to retain
our ego our wealth
our bonds
we leave behind
beyond the fast
moving lane


I AM NOT A POET
just a humble servant
of a Mother and her son Hussain
born as a Shia
human I shall remain
Hussain is Humanity
a single refrain

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube