Wednesday, May 13, 2009

75000 Blogs at Flickr in 24 Months

I normally dont blow my trumpet till I have completed a task..at the moment while you read this I have 74,964 photo blogs / 389,722 views but in a few hours from now I shall complete 75000 photo blogs at Flickr today-13 May 2009..
Its been a very long journey..I joined Flickr in June 2007.
Flickr Pro membership of two years was a gift from Asif Shakir my eldest son, when Yahoo pictures closed down Flickr added 3 months of grace to my Flickr account.

Than a few days back my mentor my friend also my family Dr Glenn Losack MD bought me another 2 years of a Pro account..at Flickr.

In just a few minutes I go to shoot an incredible event than I shall come back and go to shoot the finale..I will tell you all about it when I post the pictures.

There was not much to shoot in Mumbai - much of the shooting happens in November right up to Feb..Ajmer Urus is one big thing Jul - Aug I guess.

The Koovagam Eunuch festival eludes me till this day..

I have a shop to take care of , business is down in the dumps and so I shoot pictures with a heavy heart and some guilt..recession in the Industry has completely broken this camels back..so I make do with shooting street scenes , and my grand daughter ..

Once again I thank all my friends at Flickr , Word Press , Blogspot ,Face Book, Live Journal, Vox and Fotothing , Buzznet ,Twitter , My Space..I have an account at Webshots have stopped posting there.

Blogging keeps me sane from the crass corrosion of my business life..
If given an opportunity I would renounce all this and take spiritual sanyas as a Shia Yogi in the Himalayas...but I have to pay back a lot of friends for the help they gave me when I was completely grounded..this is the most important responsibility ..and priority as of now.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube