Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bleeding Faith of a Shia Blogger


Bleeding Faith of a Shia Blogger
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

This is Ashura.
10th day of Imam Hussain Martyrdom celebrated mournfully on the weeping streets of Mumbai.
The last few days that I was shooting Kaisar Bagh or the 9 th of Moharam Juloos I would get charged an animalistic fiery urge to grab the dagger from the guys hand whom I was shooting and cut my own head,but I kept myself in control, not allowing my Shia emotions to get the better of me as an amateur photographer who shoots nurtured cultivated Shia pain.Yes I am a Shia photo blogger when I shoot images of my faith per se.
I was shooting the Ashura Juloos of Anjumam e Hyderi and Habib Nasser had presented his friends and members of his Anjuman doing the Iraqi Dagger Matam, a slow choreography of bleeding Faith..
The guys synchronised the cutting of their heads , dressed in white aprons that represented shrouds..and this plea of human passion began at JJ Hospital junction and continued till the Rehmatabad Shia cemetery, a long distance on foot..
I requested Habib Nasser for the dagger , and handing him my camera began my Kama Mata, the first of this Moharam.
Habib Nasser has shot these pictures , he is a dynamic and prolific photographer himself.
I will in the next picture explain to you the feelings and the emotions while cutting your forehead .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube