Friday, November 16, 2007

Sandesh's Story


Sandesh's Story
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

I shot this picture late in the night I was on my way after closing my shop and at the Turner Road Traffic Signal I noticed Sandesh the beggar kid writhing in pain , he had a fractured hand, hesitantly I came to know he was not bringing much money so teach him a lesson his uncle broke his hand with a stick, I immediately gave him some money to get it plastered at local free municipal hospital.He came the next evening with his plastered hand I drew some funny stuff on the plaster, he felt very happy.But the follwing day I was in for a much greater shock his hand was as bent as ever he had gor rid of the plaster, I told him it was not right what he had done, he just grumbled that he could not bear the itching and the heat within the plaster.He promised me he would leave for his home town and it would heal.
I met him again on his return from his home town and his hand had healed.
So the poor kid alaso has self healing powers I realised..and faith in their battered beaten and bruised bodies...

Fractured childhood
Fractured hand
Turner Road
Traffic signal
No mans land
Driven away
But back
Beggar mafia
Political clout
Magic wand
That you and me
Would not understand
Money changing hands
Raw wounds
more wounds brands
from one signal to
another signal expands

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube