Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Turner Road Traffic Signal Hijda


The Turner Road Traffic Signal Hijda
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1

she took me aside
held my hands and said
bitterly
why do they hate us hijdas
i am not sure
cant we live simply as humans
is there no cure
yes we are looked down upon
castigated abhorred
all this as hijdas we endure
yes we who are considered
taboo impure
we bound to our eunuch ethnicity
a community insecure
we who beg the poorest of poor
our fate to this karmic enchantment
did lure
we bound to chains of our destiny
of our future unsure
my camera dropped a tear
what could I tell her
my picture a poem
textual tyranny unclear
as I walked away
it was the cacophany of the traffic signal
horns, shouts is all that I could hear

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube