Sunday, October 14, 2007

Idd Namaz Bandra Station /Photojournalists Suck!


Idd Namaz Bandra Station /Photojournalists Suck!
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1

I start a new series at Flickr,pictures of the Idd Namaz held by the Sunni Jamat at Bandra Station Road, one aspect of community spirit in Bandra is that here people are counted as Muslims keeping the intrinsic identity of their respective sectarian backgrounds to themselves.
The people who run the Bandra Station Mosque do exemplary service and today was the largest crowd ever seen from one end of the staion to the other end.
Today after a long time Sunnis and Shia celebrate Idd together.
A great feeling of oneness to the nature of Allah all branches of a single fruit giving shade giving Islamic Tree.
I wore my Ajmeri Sabri cap my tiger overcoat shot a lot of pictures and got into a tussle with one conceited abusive photo journalist.
I saw two kids one in a police dress and the other in a Muslim dress, I stopped them to take a picture.Than both photo journalists began making them pose for the typical Idd Newspaper picture of Hugging , I told them to come up with something original, so the guy in a green shirt, I have his picture told me to Fuck Off..
He was right in a way a few Indian photo journos have been doing this for years, and the photo editors love it.You will see this in tomorrow mornings paper.
Oh how these mothers hate us photo bloggers, we could teach them a thing or two, and the newspapers cant do with these pedestrian celeb photographers who sell candyfloss that turn your eyes sore..
Why dont these guys change the nature of photo journalism beats me..dishing out shit day in and day out..
They should give up fooling the public with crappy pictures that even a kid can take better than them.
The other aspect of Bandra Station Idd Namaz every year is a couple of kids in cute ethnic dresses , caps turbans, the photo jounos hang here to shoot them , which does not bother me, what kills me is the artificiality of Idd Hugging pictures..
I shot some to show you all.
So sit back and enjoy.
Idd Mubarak to all of you.
Fuck Photo Journalists .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube