Friday, October 12, 2007

The Awakeners of Ramazan


The Awakeners of Ramazan
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1

Close to a month I have been wanting to catch one of them and share their selfless contribution to the Holy Month of Ramadhan.
As soon as Ramzan begins as we say it here in India , this small Muslim community of minstrels , move from lane to lane house to house singing , or merely shouting Ramzan Mumbarak Aya .. this is a warning to make guys who are asleep to wake up and start the fast of the day.
On Thursdays they vistit houses and collect their rewards , for the service they do to the community.I stay on the fifth floor , I hear them but I know if I rush down I wont be able to catch them.
The last few days I have been at my shop, I carried my camera hoping to bump into one of them but with no luck.This was a fluke capture, luckily I had my camera.
He has the peacock feathers that he blesses people with

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube