Friday, September 28, 2007

Stop Asking me “Is Photo Blogging Bigger than Yellow Journalism”

Yes I have plagiarised the sensationalising question of eminent Word Press online Journalism writer.I seek his forgiveness, but originality of my thought , could be the originality of some other persons thought too.
I recently joined I talker , a citizen journalism group, each one honestly sincerely giving his unbiased views on world news, through links words and pictures.
I joined Digg it too but I am treated as a leprous spam.I am buried with a nail stuck through my online coffin.
I am a photo blogger .
A word to be taken very seriously, as a religion.
We have a prophet , fire and brimstone he calls himself Brandon Stone.
He has his spirtual blog kingdom called Photo Blog Org.
A no nonsense Photo blog site, if this is not a photo blog it will be removed, words that evangelise on the soul of photo blogging.
I am lucky I am a member of this elitist , escoteric group..no I have not yet reached its Hall of Ill Fame not yet but I will quite shortly I am sure.
I shoot pictures that transform silence into poetry.
Ok let me talk less about myself, journalism,I talk about the watery gruel served here at home in India sucks , the same hackneyed pens blotting away half what they wont or cant write.Photojournalists , barring a few , the majority need psychiatric care, badly , pictures are awful by any standard.Stringer type .I puke putting it less harshly.The Photo editorial , well its gone AWOL…I never worked for a newspaper but I would in earlier days seeking promotion as Bollywoods Most Wanted Designer No1 would move into this ancestral priinting publishing New Grub Street of a house called Times of India.
Malvika Sanghvit he ex Bombay Times editor was extremly kind she had seen me drugged Kafkaesque in the Elphinstone college archive corridors, did give me space on Mumbai Times first page in my chequred Djellaba and a Moroccan cap.
I did than her dressing her son up like Amir Khan, Aati Kya Khandala .
I used to dress up her ex Mr Vir Sanghvi who loved sleevless Nehru jackets at Burlingtons of Bombay where I worked as an apprentice to late Mrs Shashi Kapoor Jeniffer Kendall .
So this and meeting Mr RK Karanjia for a job at Blitz , Mr Karanjia Father of Indian Press told me son , stick to your fathers trade, so from a fashion designer I downgraded myeslf to my present profession .. Yes I stitch celebrity clothes I call my self Tailorman.
So the curiosity of peeking into newspapers has not gone, than came Electronic media, later 20 months back I became baptised as a Blogger dipped in the Holy Waters at PhotoBlog Org.
Photo Blog is bigger than journalism, journalism seminal stained old newspaper ending up at the Kabbadi..where as we photo bloggers dead but always alive..at every click.
Google Search got a bargain for free.
We add tags Technorati, Feedburner, Delicious, all got us by the balls , free.
We write , with no syntax discipline, bloopers but fuck we are read even as a photo gallery powered by Coppermine.
We write opionatedely but some guy will read out us , word of mouth our online notoriety spreads.
The hardliners, lady journalist , wannabe novelists jornalistic penpushers prostituting the written word, all out to singe our multi colored brindle toned sepia stained ass, but we are there on Blog Stats.Kicking and Alive.
I write pedestrian poetry that even Mr Saddam Late Hussain liked it posthomously I got 2350 hits in a single day.
I am not a Hijda or perhaps possess the Hijdas resilience to survive beyond the lettered word.. yes I think photobloggers are far better judge of character, when I say we I speak for a photoblogging like minded coterie like me.
Every Sunday Shobhan Saxena wears a Devils mask to scare us away, but our numbers keep on increasing..The Photo Blog of Journalism cannot die.
Dont waste your obituaries.
Dont play Misty for me.
The Photo Blog has made us larger than our puny dawrf sized life.
We dont need an Exipiry date as yet.
Beyond shelf life a Photo Blog.

June 7th, 2007

photographerno1.wordpress.com/2007/06/07/stop-asking-me-i...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube