Saturday, September 29, 2007

An Open Letter to Firoze Shakir from Ray Lucero

As you’ve made yourself inaccessible on Poemhunter
I offer the following open letter of apology herein:

Few in the U.S.A. know the great suffering,
pain and death perpetrated on the Shia.
The American crusade prosecuted by Bush,
Cheney and their ilk is beyond criminal, indeed
it’s pure evil. No human being in their right mind
could do the things these vile men have done.

U.S. will soon approach a trillion dollars spent on
two wars that cannot be won. God help us all when
they launch a third war against Iran. With the military
stretched beyond endurance, it’s likely that tactical nuclear
weapons will be used in hopes of a quick victory.

Let me be clear in expressing that the media and politicians
have failed to tell the American public the real reason for invasion of the
Middle East is oil, natural gas and pipelines…nothing more, nothing less.

The majority of Americans do not want war nor do I.

We must use non-violence displayed so valiantly by the
Burmese Monks, being eradicated as I write this message.
I wept while watching the news reports this morning and realized
that I do not remotely have the courage of my robed brothers.

Dialogue, diplomacy and universal brotherhood between all nations is what will bring a lasting peace.

I offer my profound apology to you and all Muslims for
the suffering and personal losses heaped upon you.
We must all recognize that we are citizens of the Earth,
without man-made boundaries that separate us.

I bid you peace,

Ray

Ray Lucero
Poet Poem Hunter

Firoze Shakir (9/28/2007 12:35:00 AM) | Delete this message
Thank You Ray
I reciprocate your good intentions and good wishes, Muslims come in various denominations, I am a human much before I was baptised Muslim, I am an Indian Muslim who adheres to Shiasm..
I think this planet was made not just for community, or ethnicity, it was meant for all living creatures, I know it sounds utopian, and foolish, but most of the people want to live in PEACE..but it is the political warlords warmomgers who have robbed and raped PEACE on this planet.. it is all muscle power under the pretext of spirtuality and religiosity..
I wish you well.
Thank you once again..
Firoze Shakir

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube