Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lord Ganesha the Cry of Freedom

So Lord Ganesha gave me back the pictures that the cops had deleted and I share it with all of you, nowhere in my pictures have I denigerated the splendour and glory of the quintessential celeberation of Ganesh Chaturthi,this festival was promoted by Bal Gangadhar Tilak to hit back at British Imperialism and hegemony, a single mans cry for Freedom that became a cry of the entire nation, this cry from Maharashtra under the shadow of Lord Ganesha..This Ganesha who removes all Obstacles gave back to us what belonged to us our Fredom from the British Vampire...
This is what the actual festival stands for it is not about just an aspect of Hinduism it is the aspect of our collective Nationalim and the secular credentials of our Indian Ethos..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube