Friday, June 8, 2007

Firoze Shakir The Tailorman




I start a new gallery ,for my self portraits, shot by friends, bystanders on the road, by Subhash Solanki, by my Mahesh Painter, my help too has shot some of my best pictures.
I dress change twice a day, earlier in happier times it was thrice a day.
I dont wear trousers, sometimes Army breeches,with an army coat , with original medallions collected from Chor Bazar.
I normally wear dhotis, designed by me with a safety zipper to pee, pockets too.
I would prefer not to wear anything on my torso just my antique silver stone jewellery, but as I am a tailorman, its imporant I cover my top shame..I wear body fits, guru shirts .Till about two months back I walked bare feet , but the doctors have warned me of my soaring blood sugar, that a simple foot wound could turn gangrenous, so I wear a cloth pair.
I have a severe wound on my right hand a cut of a sword that hacked my tendon so I cannot wear my silver Kadas or my exotic rings on my right hand.I wear kadas on my feet.I go to bed without my jewellery.
I call all my stuff my family jewellery.
I was once known as Bollywoods Most Wanted Designer no1.
I now call myself Tailorman I have gone back to my roots of stitching clothes,.
Designing sucks.
To wear what I wear requires balls loads of unassuming personal attitude.
I am a poet, photographer combined , this heady combo releases photoblogging fumes.
I am a photo blogger .
I started photo blogging 20 months back at Bloggerspot and Buzznet.
I deleted my earlier blogspot account 3750 posts at one click.
All because of Word Verification that assumed I was a Positive spam, up my own ass.
picture shot by subhash solanki

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube