Friday, May 18, 2018

Ramzan Mubarak Aya Ramzan Mubarak Aya




These are the words that you hear on the streets of Bandra at dawn sung by the Awakeners Muslim mendicants who do selfless service waking up Muslims to start their fast and Sehri.
For 11 years I sincerely documented the season of Piety Charity that we call Ramzan where poetically speaking God comes down on Earth to be with his loved ones.
His lost tribe of beggars and you will find them outside every Mosque during Taravee.
Mostly women and children and somehow I think Ramzan is the Feast of the Poor the homeless fasting and united in piety and prayer.
I have documented Muslim beggars and this lady in the picture for over 11 years too as I mentioned in earlier posts she has a daughter and two sons her husband is physically challenged does cutting of threads of readymade garments.
To supplement the family's income she used to beg below my house on Friday's.
There are many like her and this period of Ramzan gets them free ration clothes etc.
Earlier I shot the Iftar time of the poor.. The hawkers and even beggars I used to break my fast with the beggars of Bhendi Bazar.
Memorable memories.. Ramzan is a beautiful month that inspires love forgiveness and tolerance and Ramzan keeps even the hot headed Muslim anger in check.
Those who are fasting have to bear all this in mind not eating food water is one aspect of Ramzan.. But being respectful responsible honest truthful charitable are some of the virtues of Ramzan.
Some of my Hindu friends to show their solidarity with Muslims fast too for week or two and this is the greatest power of Ramzan joining Hearts and Souls.
Ramzan a Muslim feast adds hope and love to the surroundings I know Hindu friends who offer Iftar items to beggars outside the Mosque.
That is one reason I love Mumbai the spirit of a collective ethos and togetherness.
My perspective as a human and as a photographer has been Hindu Muslim amity one cannot live without the other..
Our politics in Mumbai is not marred or tarnished by hate for any community.
So in a way this is my first Ramzan post I chose this mother and her child as the Ambassador s of Peace and holistic healing.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube