Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Happy Labour Day Happy Morning









posted at Facebook


Over the years in Mumbai and during my travels in India I would watch kids working at their parents trade education was not for them the parents wanted to learn the skills supplement the families income .

I shot this kid in Ajmer he is the son of an ironsmith,

I used to see kids in Lucknow working at embroidery workshops from a very tiny age ..at tailors workshop learning to make buttonholes turpai ,,

Kids worked at most of the Chilya and South Indian restaurants and I used to feel sad kids collecting scrap on the streets of Nakhas Lucknow ..

Where I could I shot their pictures ..kids at traffic signals selling Midday and pirated books once they were a common sight at Worli Naka signal.

I also have pictures of kids cleaning our gutters sewage drains at Bandra Bazar Road .

Than you have kids 3 day old begging this is child labour too.. kids selling flags at Bandra on Independence day and Republic day.

Nothing much has changed kids from Karnataka pushed into prostitution by their parents in Goa to appease the lust of paedophiles ,..

And so today on Maharashtra day and Labour Day I pay homage to these nameless faceless kids on India held in shackles chains to a corrupt system of child bondage and labour .

Kids as car scooter mechanics even down our lane at Bandra Reclamation..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube