Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Coach Surendra Pawar




Coach Surendra Pawar is a self made man 50 years age his humble beginnings at Tennis were at Khar Gymkhana as a ball picker.
He worked hard efficiently and became a instructor under  his International Tennis Coach Mr Iyer.
He is married 3 kids one of his daughter lives in Belgium with her husband and 2 sons .


His son and another daughter go to college .
Coach Surendra Pawar teaches Tennis at MET grounds Bandra Reclamation where I used to walk and 3 years back he invited me to the court to try my hand at Tennis..Here I must mention I have never played a single sports in my life ..I know it sounds boring but I loved reading books and my world was books books books .
But Coach Pawar groomed me did not charge me a single cent I told him I could afford to pay his fees but he said he would not take a penny from me .

On my birthday two years back he gifted me a Head racquet and thereby changed my life my outlook ..I have a serious injury on my hand I cannot bend my fist it is a sword injury that happened to me during Moharam while cutting my head for kama matam.

However I am able to hold the racquet earlier it used to slip of my hand but now I hold it firm .

At 65 I don't know what I will achieve through tennis but it keeps me fit I have gained in stamina I hardly have a potbelly my waist line was 41 its now  37 inches .

Coach and his instructors have worked a miracle on me ..I am indebted to them so I promote them and hope others sedentary couch potatoes will take to playing Tennis.

Because of the Rains I stopped my long walks so it is only tennis that sustains me successfully .

Coach is my Guru ..I respect him and he and his Boys including others who play better tennis than me have supported me and encouraged me .

These are few lines as tribute to their love for this crazy old Monk .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube