Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Shooting The Kinnar Hijra Akhara At Ujjain




Both these comely ladies transgender touched my feet and asked me to bless them and they were in awe as Guru Laxmi informed them I was her oldest disciple and to take care of me and my friends Francois and Antione ,,and their friend Sandip.

We were served cabbage bhaji chappatis rice and Francois  and Antoine were very hungry they had not eaten since morning ,, so this was much needed ,,and they made the most of it ,, there was a lot of picture taking as Antoine was the cynosure of all hijra eyes they wanted selfies with him...

I treated them with respect and this fatherly attitude towards them made a great impression.. and most of the Hijras at the Kinnar Akhara were from Mumbai ,,

Guru Laxmi and I have been friends much before she became a transgender those early days of Bollywood when we worked together on a film.. she was the dance teacher and I was the high end tailor ,,,,

It was Guru Laxmi who urged inspired me to start my Hijra Eunuch blogs that I later named it as Hijras of India ..

However I surrendered the domain and now all my Hijra poems stories blogs are at Flickr not for public view ,, I also removed my documentary on Crossdressers , The Androgyne and the Mumbai Gay Pride from public view /

I have shot the transgender at almost all the Kumbhs that I have shot till date ,,,but I regret i could not shoot the Hijra Shahi Snan on 9 May 2016.

I was cooped up in Mumbai.

I have shot over 25000 images of the Hijra community ,,,,all for myself.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube