Friday, November 27, 2015

A Seven Year Old Marziya Shakir Shoots The Magic Of India At Mahim



“You wander from room to room
Hunting for the diamond necklace
That is already around your neck!”
― Rumi


A Sufi Malang grandfather ,and a Naga Sadhu from Haji Malang.. perhaps this was the fist time in her life she was a bit scared shooting the Naga Sadhu ,but I told her it was ok, he was my very good friend , I met him smoking the chillum on the foothills of the Malangad mountains when I visited the Haji Malang Shrine during the Urus ,, and than recently we meet at Trimbakeshwar Nasik Kumbh . they are all devotees chelas of a Naga Sadhu who stands on one leg raising his arm..

But I could not spend time with him I was busy getting clearance for the Shahi Snan from the cops for my Naga Gurus cavalcade the following day ...with one of his disciples a local from Trimbakeshwar ..actually a farmer who does odd jobs for my Guru..

Marziya will remember this encounter later in life .. the magic of the humility of India ,,a tolerant Sadhu samaj a tolerant Sufi mindset beyond sectarian politics ,, All the Nagas who know me are aware I am a Shia Muslim living among the Malangs and have no issue ,,we get along fabulously ,, they smoke hash I dont ,, but I love shooting their pictures and they love being shot by me ,,

The guy behind the two of us is a Sufi Bawa  from Mahim a friend of this Naga Sadhu,.. they  were smoking the chillum when I caught up with them.. and I had bought Marziya to Cafe Irani Chai my friend Dr Mansoor Showghis iconic watering hole for Irani tea and bun maska.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube