Monday, July 13, 2015

My Tryst With Dr Shashank R Joshi MD , DM, [Endo}FICN ,Clinical Fellow USA.




My friends who walk with me at Bandra MET Grounds , Milind Pitale and Santosh Singh both connected to medicine wanted  me to  go for my diabetes check up with Dr Shashank R Joshi world famous endocrinologist so Milind took me personally to Turner Road and showed me Dr Shashanks clinic at Golden Palace , though the doctor was in America at that time..

However I was at Lilavati Hospital for some work.. I decided to take an appointment with Dr Shashank R Joshi , he is available here Monday to Friday ... I was given an appointment for 19 June  2015 .. I paid Rs 1500 for this visit at Lilavati..and health care in Mumbai has no heart or compassion for senior citizens its all about big bucks ,,

Prior to meeting Dr SR Joshi I was undergoing treatment with Dr SD Jain..from Mahim..since 30 March 2015..

I was taking Glyceree three times a day
Janumet 500 morning evening..

My blood sugar at that time was  161 fasting .. and 283 post lunch

Before meeting Dr SR Joshi I took my new reading ..30 May  fasting ..232 post fasting 352 ,,

On 18 June a day before my appointment I again took my reading   186 Fasting ...281  Post fasting ...18 June 2015.

And I have been walking rigorously average 5 to 6 km in the mornings total control over my diet no rice , no meat or fish.. only one chapatti and some dry vegetable.

Dr Shashank Joshi saw my earlier reports and read my case history ,,
he suggested I take Gemer 2 in the morning and Glycomet 500 in the evening and check my sugar ,,after a week..I did
on 4 July .. fasting 241 post fasting 321

I contacted his assistant Dr Salim and told him I was disappointed with no change in my sugar level, he met me and suggested a change in medicine ,, for a few days ,,

Gemer in the morning and night

Glycomet  morning afternoon
Volivo 2.1 in the afternoon.

this was on 6 july 2015

I took my new reading  on 10 July 2015
fasting 231 and post fasting ..253

I informed Dr Salim of the same but he said if the sugar does not come down I might have to go for insulin as suggested by Dr Joshi.

I have to continue with the same medicine dosage but take Volibo 3 times instead of once .

I dont have a glucometer so I get my blood test done in a lab  I will now go for another test and contact them on Wednesday ..
I walked 5 km today .. I play 25 minutes of tennis thanks to Coach Surendra Pawar of MET Tennis Courts , strict  control on my diet ,,

This year I did not fast because of my gall bladder stones that have been continuously troubling me ,, and this new medication that I am taking .

Sometimes I feel more sorry for those beggars I shoot who have lost a leg or two due to diabetes and they are in such bad shape , leave aside medicine or healthcare they have no money to buy a single meal in the day ,, they simply believe in God and say Allah Malik he provides,,

Wa Zillo Manto Shaho
Wa Izzo Manto Shaho..

I get my strength courage from them...I help them as much as I can.. but than society and the rich Muslims take a back seat...

After Ramzan the beggar will become more beggarly than he was when his God returns back to the Holy Cities of Mecca and Medina..leaving him an orphan yet again.


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube